Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Signing day for Lady Chaparral Basketball's Tajanay Veiga

MC Photo by Ginger Gatliff
• JC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: MC's Veiga heading to Southern Miss

By Oscar LeRoy, Sports Writer
Midland Reporter Telegram

MIDLAND, TEXAS - It didn’t take long for Tajanay Veiga to decide where she was going to continue her college basketball career after Midland College.

The 5-foot-6 point guard from Boston took an official visit to Southern Miss late last week and liked it so much that she committed to the Lady Eagles. On Tuesday, she signed her letter-of-intent to play for head coach Joy Lee-McNelis in front of Lady Chaparral basketball teammates and coaches at Midland College.

“As soon as I went on a visit, I already knew that was the place for me and that’s where I wanted to go. It felt like home,” Veiga said. “I enjoyed the atmosphere, the coaches, the players. It was just amazing. I had a few other schools looking at me, but as soon as I went to Southern Miss, I already knew that’s where I wanted to be” ...


read the rest of this MRT report

No comments:

Post a Comment