Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chap Baseball alum gets the call

MRT Photo by James Durbin
• PRO BASEBALL: MHS grad, former Chap Beck signs with Rays

By Will Korn, Sports Writer
Midland Reporter Telegram

Blair Beck was starting to worry as the third and final day of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft was winding down. The possibility that baseball just wouldn’t be in his future became more likely with every name called that wasn’t his own.

“I knew I wasn’t going to go early,” Beck said. “Once it got the to the 35th (round), I said, ‘I’m going to have to go finish my degree and face the real world.’”

While he waited to see what his future might hold, Beck decided to go hit at the Midland College Baseball batting cages. And on the way, he got the most important phone call of his life ...


read the rest of this MRT report ...

No comments:

Post a Comment