• College Connections events begin next week
By Rebecca Bell
Dean of Community Relations & Special Events
Throughout the year, Midland College (MC) holds various outreach efforts to inform the community about higher education opportunities. These events and activities comprise MC’s College Connections programs, which will culminate on April 8 with See MC/Sí MC, a family event on the MC main campus.
To kick off the 2016-2017 College Connections year, MC President Dr. Steve Thomas will be at the Midland High School (MHS) library on Monday, October 17, at 1:25 to speak to high school seniors about the importance of obtaining a higher education. During the event and throughout the day on Monday and Tuesday, the MC Enrollment Services/Recruitment team will also be on the MHS campus to assist high school seniors in completing MC admission applications. Later in October and in November, Dr. Thomas and staff will be at other area high schools.
“EVERYONE can enroll in college,” explained Sheena Ross, MC recruiter. “Whether students’ goals are to obtain career/technical certificates or associate degrees for careers in business, industry and healthcare or their goals are to eventually transfer to a university for baccalaureate and graduate degrees, Midland College can help lead them on individual pathways to success.”
Other MC College Connections events include the following:
• “On Track” - monthly sessions for high school seniors to visit the MC campus and learn about Midland College
• Individualized assistance with FAFSA – every Tuesday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. and every Thursday from 2:30-4:00 p.m.
• MC Preview Day – activity day for high school seniors on the MC campus
• See MC/Sí MC – family day on the MC campus with college information sessions and activities for children and youth